Panel-mounted Conductivity & TDS Controller – HI710
The HI97727 portable photometer is specially designed for measurement of color of water in natural water based applications such as drinking water and munciple water. Color of water indicates the presence of both unwanted inorganic and organic material, removal of these contents are more important in terms of to make the water more suitable for general use and industrial applications. The HI97727 uses an adaptation of the Standard Method for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, colorimetric platinum cobalt method to measure color of water at levels less than 500 PCU (Platinum Cobalt Units).
The HI97727 has an innovative optical system that offers superior performance in accuracy, repeatability, and the short amount of time it takes to perform a measurement. This compact, waterproof meter is extremely user friendly with a tutorial mode that walks the user graphically, step by step, in performing a measurement. The use of a backlit dot matrix LED allows the use of virtual keys which makes the operation of the meter very intuitive including selecting different units of measure, reviewing GLP data, recalling the last 50 measurements, and customizing the meter to user preferences.
HI97727 is completely waterproof including the cuvette holder that is designed with ridges to protect the optical path from getting scratched by the cuvette and a gasketed battery compartment that holds three common AA batteries. The compact design fits comfortable in the hand for use in the field or on a table for benchtop use. The LCD is 71 mm (2.75″”) by 37 mm (1.6″”) and is backlit for easy viewing under all conditions.
HI 710 series controllers are real time microprocessor-based EC controllers. They provide accurate measurements, flexible ON/OFF or proportional control capabilities, analog input and output, RS485 port, dual setpointand alarm signal.The system is composed of a case inside which the signal conversion circuitry, the microprocessor circuitry and the outputpower drivers are contained.
With self-diagnostic features and extractable terminals, installation and maintenance are fast and simple. Password protection guarantees that the calibration and predetermined parameters cannot be altered unnecessarily. The controllers can operate with four-ring probe or 4-20 mA signal. They accept probes with or without a built-in Pt100 temperature sensor.
- Large LCD with 4 ½ 17 mm digits and 3 ½ 10 mm digits.
- Four LEDs are provided for signaling the energizing of relay 1 and 2 (yellow LEDs) and alarm relays (a greenand a red LED).
PC Connectivity (HI710222 only)
- RS485 standard is a digital transmission method that allows long lines connections. Its current-loop system makes this standard suitable for data transmission in noisy environments. Data transmission from the instrument to the PC is possible with the HI 92500 Windows® compatible application software offered by Hanna Instruments.
- A menu-driven display aids the user throughout the operations with running messages and clear prompts. All relevant parameters can be simply adjusted and will remain memorized until overwritten.
Programmable Hold System
- The hold function allows the user to stop the regulating action of the controller for programmable time periods. It is possible to activate the hold periods in correspondence to programmed operations, such as plant maintenance and cleaning procedures.
Programmable Cleaning Cycles
- Heavy-duty applications often require almost continuous probe maintenance. Elements such as suspended solids, fat, oils, pigments and microorganisms can quickly deposit and soil the electrode. Programmable cleaning cycles allow for scheduled maintenance to keep the probe functioning optimally.
Automatic Temperature Compensation
- A 2-wire Pt100 can be connected to ensure fast, accurately compensated readings even during sudden temperature fluctuations.
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
Last calibration data internally recorded for traceability including calibration date and time, cell constant, calibration solution values.
- 1 or 2 output relays for low conductivity or highconductivity dosage (COM, NO and NC contacts) and 1output relay for alarm condition (COM, NO and NC con-tacts)
- Automatic 1 point calibration. Calibration and Setup procedures allowed only through an unlock password.
Mult Range Conductivity / TDS Measurment
- Four different EC working ranges (0 to 199.9μS; 0 to1999μS; 0 to 19.99mS; 0 to 199.9mS)
- Four different TDS working ranges (0 to 100.0ppm; 0 to1000ppm; 0 to 10.00ppm; 0 to 100.0ppm) for HI 710models.
Product Name: Panel-mounted Conductivity & TDS Controller – HI710
Quote Required: Yes
EC Range: 0.0 to 199.9 μS/cm; 0 to1999 μS/cm; 0.00 to 19.99 mS/cm; 0.0 to 199.9 mS/cm
EC Resolution: 0.1 μS; 1 μS; 0.01 mS; 0.1 mS
EC Accuracy: ±0.5% f.s. (EC)
EC Calibration: automatic or manual at 1 point
TDS Range: 0.0 to 100.0 mg/L (ppm); 0 to 1000 mg/L (ppm); 0.00 to 10.00 g/L (ppt); 0.0 to 100.0 g/L(ppt)
TDS Resolution: 0.1 ppm:1 ppm; 0.01 g/L (ppt); 0.1 g/L (ppt)
TDS Accuracy: ±0.5% f.s.
EC/TDS Temperature Compensation: automatic or manual, -10 to 100°C with adjustable temperature coefficient from 0.00 to 10.00%/°C
EC to TDS Conversion Factor: adjustable from 0.00 to 1.00
Temperature Range: -10.0 to 100.0°C
Temperature Resolution: 0.1 °C
Temperature Accuracy: ±0.5°C(0 to 70°C); ±1°C (outside)
Analog Input Signal: 4-20 mA
Analog Output Signal: analog
Power Consumption: 15 VA
Over Current Protection: 5A, 250V fast fuse
Enclosure: Single case 1/2 DIN
Installation Category: II
Panel Cutout: Panel cutout
Power Supply: 230 ±10% Vac , 50/60 Hz
Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
Dimensions: 144 x 144 x 170mm
Weight: 1.6 kg (3.5 lb.)
Ordering Information: Each HI710 model is supplied with mounting brackets and instructions.