Water & Wastewater Multiparameter (with COD) Photometer and pH meter – HI83399
HI83399 is a compact, multiparameter photometer for measuring key water and wastewater quality parameters. The meter is one of the most advanced photometers available with a innovative optical design that utilizes a reference detector and focusing lens to eliminate errors from changes in the light source and from imperfections in the glass cuvette. 40 key water and wastewater quality parameters with 73 different methods covering multiple ranges are programmed into the meter. Wastewater treatment digestion parameters include COD, Total Nitrogen and Total Phosphorous which are important for monitoring nutrient removal. The HI83399 also offers an absorbance measurement mode for performance verification and for users that would like to develop their own concentration versus absorbance curves.
To save valuable laboratory benchtop space, the HI83399 doubles as a professional pH meter with its digital pH/temperature electrode input. Now one meter can be used for both photometric and pH measurements.
Advanced optical system
Unparalleled performance from a benchtop photometer
Digital pH electrode input
Save valuable bench space with one meter that works both as a photometer and as a laboratory pH meter
Water and Wastewater Treatment Digestion Parameters
Allows measurement of COD, Total Nitrogen and Total Phosphorus
HI83399 benchtop photometer measures 40 different key water and wastewater quality parameters using 73 different methods that allow for multiple ranges and variations in chemistry for specific applications. The Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) parameter is included for industrial and municipal wastewater treatment. The Phosphorous and Nitrogen parameters included are beneficial to municipal wastewater treatment customers that need to monitor their biological and chemical nutrient removal process. This photometer features an innovative optical system that uses LEDS, narrow band interference filters, focusing lens and both a silicon photodetector for absorbance measurement and a reference detector to maintain a consistent light source ensures accurate and repeatable photometric readings every time.
A digital pH electrode input is provided allowing the user to measure pH by a traditional glass electrode. The digital pH electrode has a built in microchip within the probe that stores all of the calibration information. Having the calibration information stored in the probe allows for hot swapping of pH electrodes without having to recalibrate. All pH measurements are automatically compensated for temperature variations with a built in thermistor located in the tip of the sensing bulb for fast and accurate temperature measurement.
Two USB ports are provided for transferring data to a flash drive or computer and to use as a power source for the meter. For added convenience and portability the meter can also operate on an internal 3.7 VDC Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery.
The HI83399 offers an absorbance measuring mode that allows for CAL Check standards to be used to validate the performance of the system. The absorbance mode allows the user to select one of the 5 wavelengths of light (420 nm, 466 nm, 525 nm, 575 nm, and 610 nm) to measure and plot their own concentration versus absorbance mode. This is useful for users with their own chemical method and for education to teach the concept of absorbance by using the Beer-Lambert Law.
- Backlit 128 x 64 Pixel Graphic LCD Display
- Backlit graphic display allows for easy viewing in low light conditions
- The 128 x 64 Pixel LCD allows for a simplified user interface with virtual keys and on-screen help to guide the user through use of the meter
- Built-in Reaction Timer for Photometric Measurements
- The measurement is taken after the countdown timer expires.
- Countdown timer ensures that all readings are taken at the appropriate reaction intervals regardless of user for better consistency in measurements
- Absorbance mode
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check cuvettes for validation of light source and detector
- Allows for the user to plot concentration versus absorbance for a specific wavelength for use with user supplied chemistry or for teaching principles of photometry
- Units of Measure
- Appropriate unit of measure along with chemical form is displayed along with reading
- Result Conversion
- Automatically convert readings to other chemical forms with the touch of a button
- Cuvette Cover
- Aids in preventing stray light from affecting measurements
- Digital pH Electrode Input
- Measure pH and temperature with a single probe
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) to track calibration information including date, time, buffers used, offset and slope for traceability
- pH CAL Check alerts user to potential problems during the calibration process
- Space saving having a pH meter and photometer built into one meter
- Data Logging
- Up to 1000 photometric and pH readings can be stored by simply pressing the dedicated LOG button. Logged readings are just as easily recalled by pressing the RCL button
- Sample ID and User ID information can be added to a logged reading using alphanumeric keypad
- Logged readings can be quickly and easily transferred to a flash drive using the USB-A host port or to a computer using the micro USB-B port
- Data is exported as a .CSV file for use with common spreadsheet programs
- Battery Status Indicator
- Indicates the amount of battery life left
- Error Messages
- Photometric error messages include no cap, high zero, and standard too low
- pH calibration messages include clean electrode, check buffer and check probe
Please refer to the product catalog.